Monday, November 20, 2006

Funerals and Penguin Sweaters

Today was DaddyBill's funeral. It was pretty sad. The thing that got me was when Mr.Charlie started saying what he loved most about the grandkids. He said that me, being first, held the special place in his heart. He said that the thing he loved most was when I would snuggle up to him. I always did that. When we went over there once, before he was really sick that is what I did. I went over and I snuggled up to him and alomost fell asleep! It was great! My aunt, mom, dad, and I were all looking through some old pictures. We found some of the cutest ones from when us kids were little with DaddyBill!

Anyway, about the penguin sweaters. I have the two little stuffed penguins, Bruce and Cotton. They are soooo cute! I decided that even though they were penguins, they needed sweaters. So, I pulled out my Weekend Knitting book by Melaine Falick and started flipping through it. One of the first patterns in the book is a pattern for an egg cozy. I grabbed some yarn and cast on. I think it will be a little long on the boys, but, who cares? They're penguins! On Thursday, we are going to the camphouse as my dad calls it for Thanksgiving with the Jones family. That is what DaddyBill wanted to do, but he got to sick to do so. MamaLinda decided that since it was what DaddyBill wanted us to do, that is what we were going to do! Uncle Bruce and Uncle Cotton will be there, so I will have to get a picture of them holding their penguins! I hope to have the sweaters finished by then. It is a two and a half hour drive down there, so they may have more than one sweater.

I went ice skating with Lindsey, Zach, and Lindsey's youth group last night. I have a bruise right on the bottom part of my back and a pulled muscle in my arm! I was in pain during the funeral! lol.

I am going to the feast tomorrow at the preschool. I will have my camera in hand, so expect a lot of pictures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss but know that he is in a better place now
I hope to see your sweaters Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)