Monday, June 12, 2006

Too Much!!!!!!!

I have finished a cute little clutch from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. It is called the clutch you will never give up. It is originally a felted little tiny clutch, but the way I made it was non-felted. I used size 10 24" circular needles and a skein of Homespun yarn from Lion Brand. I bought the yarn from Hobby Lobby. It was in a big bag (three skeins) for 5 dollars! All of it was unlabeled dye lot yarn. Most of it was very ugly but you couldn't tell that from the outside of the bag. Anyway, for the clutch I didn't tuck in the corners and didn't felt it. I did a four row length instead of two for the part above the handle and I used seed stitch since I wasn't felting. It looks very cute. I am going to be making one in white then a tote bag in blue with a pocket in white. I was away for a week while my parents were up in monitored, North Carolina. They have a very nice yarn shop in Black Mountain called Wild and Wooly. Though very expensive, it is good quality. My mom bought me a 20 dollar skein of 100% wool to make a cute felted tote bag. It has 435 yards in it. The yarn was in a hank and it took me forever to wind it. I watched Law and Order SVU while winding.

I don't think I have mentioned how much I love love love Law and Order SVU. By the way, if anyone knows which episode Olivia gets attacked in, I would like to know!

I am almost completely finished with my headbands, I am on the last row of the last one. This puts me almost done with three Christmas presents and done with two. I am making my grandfather the double cable scarf in a dark brown from the book One Skein. I love that book! I have made 8 projects from the book and I am about to start another. I love the book because you can make so many variations from the book. I am planning on posting a picture next week of the clutches that I have been making. Talk to you guys later!

No comments: